Persuasive Speech on Abortion: what you have to mention
Writing a speech on a controversial subject is always difficult to do. Abortion is one of those controversial subjects. People have strong opinions about abortion; maybe you do to. One thing that you must always remember is that your speech is the time to shine, the time to let all of those thoughts and feelings be known, but you must do this in a manner in which is respectful of all opinions and views which may be present as you give your speech. The speech must consider all points of view without leaning toward one side or another.
When writing a persuasive speech on abortion, take a look at a few things that are mandatory for you to mention.
- Statistical Information: How many abortions are performed each year? Where are abortions performed? How are they performed? Are they safe? Any information pertaining to abortion statistics are great for your speech.
- What are the effects of the woman when an abortion is performed? This includes immediate as well as the long-term effects that she may experience.
- Is it really ‘killing’ an unborn child? Look at abortion at all stages and allow the information to speak for itself.
- Laws of abortion in each state/country. In some countries it is illegal all together. In some states/countries an abortion can be performed until a certain gestation period. This information is vital for your speech.
- The emotional consequences that abortion takes on the mother and the rest of the family
- When is abortion necessary? There are medical reasons in which an abortion may become necessary. Your speech should entail this information.
- Dangers of an abortion after certain gestational periods. When is an abortion illegal?
- What happens if you illegally perform an abortion?
- The right for abortions to exist. Is it really the choice of the woman? Things can become very controversial when discussing this matter but it is a very important piece of information that must be mentioned during your speech.
- The fact that, in most areas, abortion is a decision that a woman is free to make on her own free will, in both times of necessity as well as those of desire.
Any good persuasive speech will present the facts of the matter and enable the individual to form their own opinion. Remember that your speech should be persuasive but you should keep an open mind, even when presenting subject matter as controversial as abortion.